Burrows and Badgers: Owl Guard and Mouse Rogue

 


Back again with another quick Burrows and Badgers update. 

I've finished off the last of my 'Knightly' warband- the Owl Guard who accompanies the Corgi Knight who leads the group. The Owl was very simple to paint- mostly just Leadbelcher with a Nuln Oil wash, and any feathers/skin poking through painted with Rakarth Flesh- so it looks something like a Barn Owl.



I also painted up another creature for the other warband I'm painting- which follows a more Woodland/Riverbank animal theme.


I really like this Duncan Louca sculpt- she's a very simple model, but carries a lot of character with the determined look that's conveyed in the face. I actually painted the fur very similarly to the Corgi Knight (XV-88 + Seraphim Sepia), and then mixed the XV-88 with some light fleshtone for the skin, before highlighting with just the fleshtone. Armed with two fangs (presumably from a larger animal she had found somewhere?), she's not likely to be very powerful in-game- but a nice addition to the warband. To fit with the riverbank theme, I think I might say she is a water-vole of some sort.




Now I've got 2 warbands fully painted, I'd like to try and get a game in soon- though due to work and life getting in the way of my hobby (as is always the way) it's likely going to be quite a quiet month on the blog after this. I'll hopefully have something before the end of October to show off, but it might be November before I get the time to get a full update together!

Comments

The Hobby Breakfast Show

The Hobby Breakfast Show Youtube

Popular posts from this blog

Aeronautica Imperialis: Thunderhawk Review

Creating Middle Earth SBG Crebain out of AoS Miniatures

Dead Man's Hand Plastic Gunfighters Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- Old World Alliance vs Halflings (S01GW01)

Middle Earth SBG: Saruman and Grima Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- High Elves vs Porklings (S01GW01)