Burrows and Badgers: Landsknecht Badger and Cleric Beagle

 

Quick update today on my Burrows and Badgers painting. I've finished 2 more for my 'Knightly' warband- an elite group led by a Corgi Knight, who accompany him on his hunting expeditions- or when necessary, to fight another warband in the lands of Northumbrya.

The Badger was a fun sculpt I got 3D printed (like some of the others I've done previously, designed by Duncan Louca)- in the style of a Landsknecht. I was fairly happy with the result- but I'm not sure if the Red-Yellow worked quite as well as I wanted. The yellow in the recesses of the clothing doesn't stand out fantastically- but well enough that I didn't repaint the whole model.



The next miniature is the Second in my warband- the back up leader to my Corgi Knight, the Beagle Cleric.


I was happy with the red cloak on this one- but I think I chose too light a yellow for the tabard. The Seraphim Sepia ended up being just a little too dark, but the effect isn't awful. I tried out a gold piece of armour for the Beagle, to set him out as the magic user of the warband, a bit different to the others. I was pretty happy with the result of using Athonian Camoshade over the gold paint- just needing a little bit of refinement next time I try it!



Neither has quite lived up to their leader, the Corgi- but I'm really enjoying painting the Burrows and Badgers warbands- I'm even looking at ideas for a 4th warband... But I've got other projects to work on before that!

I'll be back with the finished warband soon, thanks for reading!

Comments

The Hobby Breakfast Show

The Hobby Breakfast Show Youtube

Popular posts from this blog

Aeronautica Imperialis: Thunderhawk Review

Creating Middle Earth SBG Crebain out of AoS Miniatures

Dead Man's Hand Plastic Gunfighters Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- Old World Alliance vs Halflings (S01GW01)

Middle Earth SBG: Saruman and Grima Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- High Elves vs Porklings (S01GW01)