Painting Tiny Aspect Warriors

 

What's all the fuss about? Games Workshop have made Plastic Aspect Warriors since the 90s...

With all the Eldar reveals for 40k happening at the moment, I've gotten into the Eldar vibe with some 6mm Aspect Warriors for Epic 40k.

I decided to paint them in their classic colour schemes- which will make the force quite colourful (especially in comparison to my Black Templar force!)

Usually I paint Epic models straight on the sprue where possible- but I've gone with the classic sticky-tack on an old paint pot for ease of photos.


Exarch

I'm painting my Epic Eldar as Biel-Tan, just like my 28mm Eldar. The Exarch therefore uses the White/Green paint scheme of Biel-Tan (which I actually inverted for my 28mm Eldar.)

White: Celestra Grey > Apothecary White
Green: Waaagh! Flesh
Black: Abaddon Black


Striking Scorpion

Striking scorpions aren't the easiest to paint in 6mm I've found. The details on the 28mm models in yellow would be tricky to reproduce on a 6mm miniature, and wouldn't be visible on the tabletop anyway. I decided to keep things simple with the Green and Black for the gun and chainsword.

Green: Warboss Green > Biel Tan Green > Moot Green
Black: Abaddon Black



Howling Banshee

My second favourite kind of Aspect Warrior, the Banshee was probably the easiest to paint- the sculpt really helps get all the detail out of the miniature!

Bone: Ushabti Bone > Agrax Earthshade
Red: Khorne Red > Agrax Earthshade
Black: Abaddon Black
Silver: Boltgun Metal


Warp Spider

Warp Spiders are my favourite of the aspect warriors- and I really enjoyed painting this model. You get enough detail that you can clearly see it is a Warp Spider, and the colours pop well on such a small mini.

Red: Khorne Red > Reikland Fleshshade > Wazdakka Red
White: Celestra Grey > Apothecary White
Black: Abaddon Black
Orange: Gryph-Hound Orange


Dark Reaper

This was the least interesting miniature to paint. It might be because of all the  Black Templars I painted... but painting black, white and just a hint of red is not very satisfying at 6mm- where it's tricky to get highlights etc. on the black.

Black: Abaddon Black
White: Celestra Grey > Apothecary White
Red: Khorne Red > Nuln Oil


Swooping Hawk

Simple, but I'm happy with the results. The swooping hawks will stand out well from the sandy bases I'll be using, and the light blue worked really well in my opinion.

Blue: Lothern Blue > Talassar Blue > Lothern Blue
White: Celestra Grey
Black: Abaddon Black


There you have it- I'll be back with the Eldar in the future once the force is taking shape!

Comments

The Hobby Breakfast Show

The Hobby Breakfast Show Youtube

Popular posts from this blog

Aeronautica Imperialis: Thunderhawk Review

Creating Middle Earth SBG Crebain out of AoS Miniatures

Dead Man's Hand Plastic Gunfighters Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- Old World Alliance vs Halflings (S01GW01)

Middle Earth SBG: Saruman and Grima Review

Blood Bowl Sevens- High Elves vs Porklings (S01GW01)